We are still celebrating Earth Day here and enjoy when a little tech can do a little good. Check out this list of apps and websites to help you be greener in a digital age via Netted.
Don’t know what to do with all of those extra newspapers? Here are a few tips for you:
Uses For Old Newspaper
- Protect carseats from muddy or wet clothing
- Put into loose shoes to tighten
- Stuff in leather shoes to preserve shape
- Stuff in wet shoes overnight to dry and deordorize.
- Crumple and place in suitcase for couple of weeks to remove stale odors.
- Use as mat when polishing shoes
- Stuff hats to keep their shape
- Stuff leather handbags in storage
- Wrap around candle bottoms so they’ll fit holders tighter
- Cover store windows when remodeling
- Dampen and spread over window-panes before painting
- Use to dry and polish window after washing
- Stuff under doors and in cracks to stop cold wind from
- Use as a bounce reflector when taking flash photographs or use to reflect sunlight into shadow areas.
- Start fires
- Sharpen pencils by rubbing the point on newspaper
- Spread out between garden rows to discourage weeds
- Use to wrap green tomatoes to ripen
- Cover plants during a frost
- Use as a mat for wet darkroom photographs
- Put under car wheels when stuck in snow, >
- Wrap and store Christmas tree ornaments
- Crumple (no colors) and place in plastic containers to eliminate odors
For more tips, please visit the following site: Reference
My new Green Goal is to stop reaching for the notebook, sticky pads, or loose paper for my lists and meeting notes. I have a smartphone for a reason and I need to use it! I am sure there will be a period of adjustment, but there is more at stake. A tree should not be sacrificed for my to-do list. I also get the added bonus of text messaging or emailing my lists for added convenience. Sounds like a smart green change!
This is our current catalog. To fulfill an order, you must contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!